Friday 16 September 2011

Phyllida Barlow at Hauser & Wirth

I found myself with a spare hour to kill today, something which feels like a rarity at the minute! What better city to be in with an hour spare than London, I made my way over to Hauser & Wirth to see Phyllida Barlow's latest showing, 'Rig'. Barlow, although one of Britain's greatest sculptors, is still shamefully relatively new to me. I've only recently taken notice of her work, probably because of my own foray in to the world of sculpture, so I had to make the pilgrimage to Piccadilly (via sunny Green Park for a 10 minute kip in the sun!) to see this show and oh-by-gum what a treat. I felt like I was wandering through a South American shanty town post-festival season. I won't spoil it for anybody who hasn't yet been but the piece at the top of the ladder made me feel warm and fuzzy inside...here are a few pics...






A x

No comments:

Post a Comment