Saturday 24 September 2011

Design, design, design

The Three Corner's To Do list is becoming increasingly long, the more we get done the more we need to do! I'm currently spending my hours searching for designers and artists we can hopefully collaborate and work with once The Three Corner Collective is on it's feet..currently we're scraping along the floor trying to figure out how to crawl but we'll get there eventually!

The art and design side of The Collective is what really gets me excited and I'm currently having a furniture design overload. It's so hard to focus on one aesthetic when there's so many cool things out there, and I've only just started looking at furniture! Feast your eyes on these beauties by Florian Schmid:





Florian, an industrial design graduate, has made these stunning stitched concrete stools. They combine the softness of cloth with the stability of concrete. Using concrete canvas the pieces are stitched together and then watered. After 24 hours they're tough enough to perch on. I'm in love.


Tortie Hoare's designs fulfill my adoration for leather and blooming good furniture. Simple, understated and pretty damn cool. 



However, I need to focus on the brief at hand! So to redeem myself...and so Claire doesn't tell me off for looking at furniture that doesn't fit our 'playful' concept....here are some amazing designs for those of us who fit in to the lazy bones category of life. We need these in our life!



A x




No comments:

Post a Comment