Wednesday 14 December 2011

New York's pop-up indoor park

I've just returned from a research trip to New York for the day job, and while I was there I took a little trip to Nolita and the Lower East Side to check out the boutiques. I stumbled across this totally random place and it took me a while to realise what it was, and even then I had to ask the cafe girls a question or two. So it ended up being an indoor park, who'da thought?! A pop-up indoor park, complete with fountains, benches and perfectly preened hedges. People are invited to lounge on the (faux) grass and ponder over a ricotta and nutella wrap (don't ask) or a slightly more normal fruit juice. There were about 4 or 5 different cafe stalls to choose from as well as some random game where you had to throw beanbags into some little holes. I guess the fact that it's indoors defeats the whole point of a park but it's a nice use of otherwise unused space nevertheless... cx








No comments:

Post a Comment