Wednesday 14 December 2011

The New York Highline

While we're on the subject of random parks, I also walked the Highline while I was there (for those of you who don't know, it's a disused railway track that has been transformed into an inner-city park). I know it's ancient now and everything (although saying that the New York cabbie hadn't ever heard of it!?) but I hadn't done it before and it was amazing! So thought I'd do a little blog on it to show off my lovely pictures. We walked it at dusk so the greys of the concrete buildings looked amazing against the illuminated shrubbery, sounds poncy but it really did! We also came across this little tiered area (wooden bleachers if you like?) where people could sit and watch projections on the wall - so lovely! There were also some really nice installations along the way too. Who'd have thought there'd be so much to see! cx


No comments:

Post a Comment